Analysis Audio Orion speakers for sale

Apogees or other gear for sale/wanted post here. Also warn others of scams/scammers

Moderator: Graz

Analysis Audio Orion speakers for sale

Postby bpw on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 pm

I recently received a phone call from a friend about these. The (well known) owner died, so his Analysis Audio Orion speakers (ca. $50k/pair retail) in what I believe to be like new condition just became available. They are in Chicago.
http://www.analysisaudio.com/Orion.php

Make an offer. These will be sold quickly.

Anyone interested should please contact me immediately, phone preferred. I will not respond to private messages here. As needed I can look into shipping.

Brian Walsh
773-809-4434
bpwalsh-gmail
bpw

Re: Analysis Audio Orion speakers for sale

Postby bpw on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 pm

They are sold, to me. I couldn't resist, especially since my room is almost ideal for them.
If for some reason I decide not to keep them I'll post here again.
bpw

Postby Scinemaniac on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:53 am

Hi Brian

gallant_diva (Ish) once suggested he was thinking to add an extra bass panel to his FR - which looks like what you have in the Orion. Is it an Amphitryon plus extra bass panel? :shock: Would you describe how the extra bass is driven - is it like a sub-woofer adding weight below 100Hz? :ugeek:

Would expect it needs a good size of room too.

Please can you explain if it uses active crossover and any further details would be appreciated.

congratulations :D and best wishes
Scinemaniac

Postby bpw on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:23 am

Yes, I don't know how these compare to the Full Range. In the one conversation I had with him some years ago, Ish came across as a genuinely nice guy and I know is highly regarded here because he is and because he openly shares information.

My room is pretty much perfect for them, at 22'-4" wide by 31''-2" long with a 9' ceiling throughout most of it. Double 5/8" drywall with Green Glue on walls and ceiling, with bass traps at all intersections.

These are replacing my Sound Lab U-1PXs, which are no slouch :) But these bad boys might be a completely new religious experience :lol:

Give me a few months to get things going, then everyone is invited to come for a listen. I'm in the Chicago northwest suburbs.

Brian
bpw

Postby bpw on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:10 am

Here's a photo of the system taken some time ago. I don't own the Atma-Sphere MA-2 amps, and a couple of components are sold off.

Note: The images below are shown cropped but can be viewed in their entirety via right-click, view image, or something like that.

Here is a rough idea of what the Orions will look like, although the positioning will be different.

bpw

Postby Scinemaniac on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 pm

wow :lol:
Scinemaniac

Return to For sale/wanted