Apogee Acoustics Diva Ribbon speaker system

Apogees or other gear for sale/wanted post here. Also warn others of scams/scammers

Moderator: Graz

Apogee Acoustics Diva Ribbon speaker system

Postby DAuger7 on Thu May 30, 2013 2:48 am

hi there,

i have a set of speakers which are the Apogee Acoustics Inc. Diva Ribbon speakers system. i have inherited them and know nothing about them. looking to sell them and i know they are worth some money, just don't know much. could any one help me out and let me know what i got on my hands or at least give me some links to some info about it.

Thank YOU!!????!!!!
DAuger7

Re: Apogee Acoustics Diva Ribbon speaker system

Postby Zardoz on Fri May 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, as for links, this is the place. Depending on condition and whether or not they are original or rebuilt, they could be worth $2-4K (originals) to a much as $15-20k (fully restored). Are you planning on just selling them, or using them?

Z
"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers..."
Zardoz

Postby Vansloneker on Fri May 31, 2013 6:43 pm

Connect them to a decent amp and play your music, that will tell you what you got your hands on.
poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby DAuger7 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:08 pm

i connected them and they sound really good, they are original and have not been touched. little tears in the back material just from over time, they were built in 1988.

my plan is to sell them, just not sure where to post them to get the most views, craigslist doesn't have to much to offer, theres nothing on Ebay, and I have tried Audiogon but couldn't find anything.
DAuger7

Postby Vansloneker on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 pm

They aren't offered by dozens but regularly some Apogees are seen on all advertising boards you named.
And you can offer them for sale here, which in a way you already did.

I'm sure there will be people out there who are looking for a pair of good Divas and are willing to pay you a reasonable price.

If you advertise them, take a lot and good pictures. Picturing any deficiencies will increase your chances of selling.

If you sell them, transport is an issue. These speakers are fragile and need to be handled with care. Best is to have the buyer pick them up in person. If you do have to ship them, they should be crated.
poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby john65b on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Where are you located? If you are in the Midwest, I may be interested.

John
john65b

Return to For sale/wanted