Caliper Signatures For Sale

Apogees or other gear for sale/wanted post here. Also warn others of scams/scammers

Moderator: Graz

Caliper Signatures For Sale

Postby Rob_Halliday on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi All...

So, my Caliper Signatures which have been advertised as for sale here for a while are... still for sale.

I can't work out if it's because the original post was buried under the 'for sale' sub-section, or if it's just because the world has lost interest in these remarkable loudspeakers.

If you are intested:

A plethora of children makes my house no place for two pairs of large planar loudspeakers. The Scintillas are staying, but the Caliper Sigs are looking for a new home.

I've owned these speakers since 2000, bought from a gentleman who seemed to have acquired most of the leftover stock from his local dealer when Apogee went out of business. I enjoyed them for years before acquiring the Scintillas, then for a few more years when the arrival of children meant the Scintillas had to go into storage for a bit.

They've been packaged up since a house move, but sounded fantastic on last listening, and would be easy enough to set-up for anyone interested in hearing them in action - they're in south-east London.

I will be sad to see them go, but happy for them to be loved and enjoyed in a new home.

Valuing these is hard now, but how about we say UK£600 or thereabouts as a starting point? I think that's a remarkable amount of speaker quality for the money!

Shout if you're interested: calsigs@robhalliday.com.

Thanks,

Rob.

(PS: Curiously, I can only find a picture of one speaker, but rest assured there are two, both in equally fine condition!)
Rob_Halliday

Re: Caliper Signatures For Sale

Postby Zardoz on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi Rob,

Not sure how well it works for international sales, but Audiogon.com is a great place for me here in the states. I do see some international listings, so I know people in other countries use it. I think most people on this site already have their Apogee's so it may not be the best place to advertise speakers for sale.

Hope you find a good home for them.

Good Listening,
Z
"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers..."
Zardoz

Return to For sale/wanted