Stage NorthCreek Crossover Upgrade wanted

Apogees or other gear for sale/wanted post here. Also warn others of scams/scammers

Moderator: Graz

Stage NorthCreek Crossover Upgrade wanted

Postby kai296 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Hello everybody!
I am a newbee to Apogee and to this forum. 5 years ago I dicovered the planar/dipole technology to be the one for me - starting of course with a Maggie. Reading the forums and hifi-advice.com I recognized C.Punter to go from Magenpan to Apogee, which made me curious. Last year I bought a refurbished Duetta Reference and did some experiments. But this one was not for me. So I sold it.
But I coudn´t let go. Only a few weeks later, I bought a Stage on the internet. Shipping overseas. Quite risky. This time it was a strike! This little Stage -from a MiniGrand set- is in perfect original condition and it sounds terriffic. And I can hear the hidden potential that rests in it and is just waiting to be unchained.

So a few questions:
1) Can anyone give me a hint, where I can get a used NorthCreek Crossover Upgrade for the Stages? (NorthCreekMusic closed down only in March 2016 and George Short answerd, that he has no remaining crossovers in stock or any parts left)
2) Or can anyone provide the design & values of the NorthCreekCrossover? This way I could rebulid them e.g. with Mundorf and Jensen parts.
3) Why do the bass coils in the original crossover have different values left/right (1,98mH vs. 2,07mH)? Is that just an "as bulit" declaration or is this part of the crossover design, matching the coils perfectly to the tolerances of the bass-foils?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
Kai
kai296

Re: Stage NorthCreek Crossover Upgrade wanted

Postby Vansloneker on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:48 pm

NorthCreekMusic closed down??? How come?
poor guy
Vansloneker

Return to For sale/wanted