Allen Wright passed away????

What's right or wrong with your (the?) world!

Moderator: Graz

Allen Wright passed away????

Postby bombaywalla on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi All,
I just got news that Allen Wright of VacuumState in CH has passed away! :( Apparently this news is from Bill Thalmann. Is that true?? I cannot find any reference to this news here in this Apogee forum. Thanks.http://www.avguide.com/blog/allen-wright-passes
Allen W seemed like a very young person - cannot think that a sickness took him away but it is possible. A line/sentence says that he loved to drive on the autobahn at very, very high speeds (like one of our other members here who crashed his Audi recently on the autobahn driving at 160km/h but fortunately lived to tell his tale! :o ) - did he get into a car crash or something?
It's sad news indeed - looks like VacuumState was introducing some very nice products.....
bombaywalla

Re: Allen Wright passed away????

Postby Vansloneker on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:14 pm

The article you link to is a copy of the biography on Vacuum State website.
Other then that, people suddenly can die off e.g. a heart attack.
Maybe our Swiss members can verify the information.

[edit: typo]
Last edited by Vansloneker on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby Graz on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Confirmed. Allen was a house guest a couple of times, and we spoke a lot of times on the phone and email. We shared some great audio chats, and some calm and detailed religious spars throughout the decade I knew him! 63 years old. His passing will affect several...

I have 2 Allen memories that stick out. He dropped in one day when I was re-roofing a deck, as a cyclone was coming! And the disbelief until proven on a speaker efficiency test - in fact it was Allen that first tested Definitives efficiency. Happier times.

Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Postby christoph on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 pm

i still hope this isn't true :shock:

my deepest condolences to allens family and to thomas, allens business partner :cry:

take care, christoph
christoph

Postby TinyTim on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:05 am

I am sorry to hear that Allen passed away :cry:
TinyTim

Return to Seriously off topic