World Cup 2010

What's right or wrong with your (the?) world!

Moderator: Graz

World Cup 2010

Postby joseph on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 am

Congratulations to Spain - Sweet victory, well deserved, they played the beautiful game as it should be.

Now to my rant.

Dunga.

Dunga is like a Polk Audio loudspeaker. The appearance of scientific underpinnings. A well reasoned (but ultimately nonsensical) explanation of The Plan. A statement (patently false) that this represents excellence. A complete absence of art, of musicality, of passion, and of beauty. Ultimately, a failure.

He even had me fooled. I bought into the argument (just like a newbie buying a Polk) that this stolid, ordinary, brutish design would perform. That this was a winner, dependable, solid, and based on common sense.

When it all unravelled, and Dunga turned to his bench for a game changer - this from a country where even third-rate players are very, very good and top players are all game changers - THERE WAS NO ONE THERE!!!!

No Ronaldinho. No Adriano. No Alexandre Pato. Not even Diego Ribas da Cunha. No Ganso. No Neymar. In short, no magic.

I am a heartbroken Brazil fan. I hope Spain's victory, such elegant play in such a drab final, teaches the Selecao a lesson, and we see the magic that Brazil is so uniquely capable of fielding in 2014.
joseph

Re: World Cup 2010

Postby Vansloneker on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:39 am

So you bought Dunga speakers and were disappointed by factory support?
poor guy
Vansloneker

Re: World Cup 2010

Postby joseph on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 am

Worse - I bought the Dungas, based on brief auditions and glowing reviews, took them home, really tried to like them even though my neighbour had the del Bosques and when I heard them they were really really good! Subtle, slow to impress, but they got the midfield right. I was even planning an A/B session...

Then the Dungas blew up in the middle of an evening of listening with friends. First they started rattling - then one of them stomped on the Robben turntable and broke it. I opened the repair kit that came with them to see if there was anything I could do - and the damn Dungas were delivered with NO SPARES!! All my friends went home shaking their heads, saying I should really have gone with the Maradonas or the Low's, that the Dungas were really the worst product to come out of the Selecao line of speakers, an embarrassment to the brand.

The only consolation is there was an immediate factory recall and they have promised a total redesign for 2014.
joseph

Return to Seriously off topic