AudiogoN Convulsions!

What's right or wrong with your (the?) world!

Moderator: Graz

AudiogoN Convulsions!

Postby Shibui on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi all....

Has anyone else encountered the new AgoN gremlins yet? The search function does not exist as a discrete filter anymore, and bookmarking has disappeared entirely. It now looks loke eBay but without the functionality - and that is a pretty low standard compared to prior AgoN capabilities! :shock:

They have taken a site that worked well and made it un-use-able! I think that there will be some turmoil to come when the vendirs and tradesmen return fron CES and THE show! :oops: :oops:
Glen

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
All it takes for music to succeed is ears and a heart
Shibui

Re: AudiogoN Convulsions!

Postby Shibui on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, the Search box has re-appeared for the AOL users, and funcionality is slowly improving, so things are looking up since the Trade Shows ended. :oops:

This episode, though, has underscored just how much unremarked and unrecognized work it has taken over the years from some of our friends and fellow members to keep our Apogee site(s) up, running, informative and alive. :geek: :mrgreen: :geek:

THANK YOU Graz, Matt, Jon, and everyone else behind the scenes who I am omitting here from lack of knowledge or lapse of memory on my part. KUDOS and SALUTES to you all for your work and indeed massive inconvenience, I am sure, on our behalf over the many years. :ugeek: :shock: :ugeek:

We Apogee nuts are a far more fortunate bunch because of your efforts! :D

Does anyone think this should be a separate post or topic? ;)
Glen

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
All it takes for music to succeed is ears and a heart
Shibui

Re: AudiogoN Convulsions!

Postby Zardoz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:36 am

Well said Shibui! We should all thank the guys who keep us together. :D

As far as the new AgoN goes, I hate the way the email (doesn't) work. You have to go back to your page to get the answers to email now. I'm not sure any of the changes were needed, or an improvement, but maybe they will get it together and it will end up better.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers..."
Zardoz

Return to Seriously off topic