L-EMIM

Discussion area for our Infinity cousins

Moderator: Graz

L-EMIM

Postby Graz on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:05 pm

A gentleman in the US was kind enough to send me one of these to look at, and assess for viability last year. The panel has many reusable parts on it that would be costly to produce in low numbers, and the only wearing parts are the felt and ribbon elements. Actual production numbers for these were very low originally, and so I would guess there are few out there actually requiring service.

I would consider these L-EMIM's as a good unit to rebuild with a new ribbon section and felt, whilst re-using the good parts such as spacers from the old unit. The modern production methods used here would improve on the unit's tolerances, whilst using the same materials. People would have to send their complete units here, and I would send them back once rebuilt.

2011 Status = I have had 3 enquiries for these, so far nobody is interested in attempting a rebuild.

Take care - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Re: L-EMIM

Postby Rvito on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 pm

What would it cost to rebuild and do you have any plans to produce diaphragms for the L- Emims
Rvito

Postby ingvar on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:26 pm

Any news on L-EMIM replacement ribbons?

I would be interested in replacing them in my Betas and a couple more as spares...

/Ingvar
ingvar

Postby Graz on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:30 pm

Yes - anybody who sends the panels to me can have them fixed. Two things fail on them, the actual ribbon panel and the solder joints to the panel, everything else lasts and gets re-used.

Though - all who have stated they need this done never sent the ribbons to work on, so far...

Take care - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Postby ingvar on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't really have to replace them right now, they still work and sound good but there are ripples/waves in my robbons and I think they have delaminated in places.

That being said I am still interested; What kind of money are we talking about to refurbish the L-EMIMS?

/Ingvar
ingvar

Return to Classic Infinity open chat area