EMIT

Discussion area for our Infinity cousins

Moderator: Graz

EMIT

Postby Graz on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Various types have been sent, and they are viable to make. The only problem is the volume of these I would need to make as a minimum order quantity far exceeds interest so far. When I made the EMIM replacements last year the people who expressed interest compared to those who actually really wanted some were very different numbers!

In these times, tooling up for and making a batch of these ribbons would be a risk, and for now I will be holding off, but may change my mind should Infinity requests for what I have supplied rise...

Take care - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Re: EMIT

Postby susieschaeffer on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Graz: I would be interested in your emit diaphrams. I am not sure how many differant types there are I was told that most are able to be interchanged. I have 2 maybe 3 differant kinds and will see if that is so(just need to disassemble them and have a look). .I think the ones that would be most in demand are on the RS1bS,RS2.5,RS4.5,IRS V,RS1, RS2b,quantum line of speakers, I am sure there are others. The complete driver is rectangle in shape and the diaphram mounting holes are 1-5/16 by 2-1/4 inch. Ebay still has alot of emit tweeters with this mounting size come on auction even though they fit they may sound a little differant if not matched and matched to the working drivers (tweeters) in the systems because Infinity used 2 or more of the same driver in each speaker. I think most people don't understand the cost of tooling to make any one prodoct. They think they should be able to buy emim and emit's for the price they paid to infinity. This is just not the case today. I paid when you could get the parts from infinity 12.00 for emits and 38.00 for the emim's those days are gone. The parts do not exist any more yours are availble and at a fair price please keep up the good work. I know that your emim's at 220.00 each that there is no real profit in them .Thank you again for your time and good work to help keep our Infinity's up and running. Thanks Jonh S.
susieschaeffer

Return to Classic Infinity open chat area