Apogee Diva serials

Discuss anything about Apogees

Moderator: Graz

Apogee Diva serials

Postby RedAlert on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:09 pm

Hello! I'm offered a pair of Diva's and the serialnumber is 6719 (do a pair have the same number?). I suppose these are the later model? They seem to be in mint conditon (in pictures, I haven't seen them in real life). My question, is there any record where one could see where those speakers were orinally sold (they are now in Cyprus, Europe)? Thanks any info about the matter:)
RedAlert

Re: Apogee Diva serials

Postby Graz on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:42 am

Best to audition any Apogee before sale. I have heard about a pair of "nos' for sale about 18 months ago, perhaps they are these? Divas will be 25+ years old now, and foam decay will mean most any Diva or panel Apogee that has not been restored will need a professional restoration soon, a factor to keep in mind when investing. I note you are based in Europe - and would advise contacting the Installers to see if thy have any traded Divas they have restored, this will likely suit better...

http://www.apogeeacoustics.com/installers.html

Take care - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Postby RedAlert on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:07 am

Can anyone tell me the bolt size of Diva's to attach to the stands? I'll prefer mm instead of inches? Thanks for any help:)!
RedAlert

Postby Graz on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:30 am

It's an imperial thread, 10-32UNF, 1"

Did you get those Divas without stands?

Curious - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Postby RedAlert on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks for rapid answer:) Yes, Diva's were sold that way (without stands), luckily I found replacement stands via this forum.
RedAlert

Postby RedAlert on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Planning to check my Diva's midrangeribbons tensions, what is the correct value? Also, it seems that those are attached in 2 places in the middle to somekind of foam. Is it as it should be like that? Ribbons looks like a bit baggy, that's why I overall want to check the tensions...

BTW...does Duetta have different midrange/tweeterribbontensions, if so what are those values? Thanks for any info given:)
RedAlert

Postby Graz on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:41 am

Hello Red!

When new Diva MR's are installed they are tensioned in manufacture, and weight tensioned to relieve that tension in an even and controlled way. As you play (normal use) the ribbons release a bit more tension, then over the next few years (normal use) the MR ribbons relax a bit more , ongoing until they eventually drift out of ideal specifications. This process takes 7-8 years, by which time it's time for a new pair. If they have had more use, or abusive play levels the life estimate can be dramatically shorter...

The Diva MR and Duetta MRTW are related, but have different specifications, and operate over different ranges.

Tension check - to attempt this involves destroying the ribbon.

You have some rare and amazing speakers there, be kind to them :)

Take care - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Return to Apogee speaker chat