Are we up and running again fellow Apogeenuts?

Discuss anything about Apogees

Moderator: Graz

Are we up and running again fellow Apogeenuts?

Postby Shibui on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Just noticed current posts from some old hands ... are we up and running again, or have I just been in the wilderness and you lot have been corresponding elsewhere? (I do not do 'social' media at all so could have missed any clues).
Either way, it is great to 'hear' some of you once more ... FYI I still have all same kit and all Apogees posted about and rebuilt (in fact rescuing another pair of Stages with Henry's help - making a good pair out of 2 broken sets.)
Glen
Glen

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
All it takes for music to succeed is ears and a heart
Shibui

Re: Are we up and running again fellow Apogeenuts?

Postby Vansloneker on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 pm

So am I. No facebook. No twitter.

How do you rescue a double pair of broken Stages? One good left and one good right?
poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby MattC on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:48 am

Can't figure out what happened with this group.

We get a modern, full-featured forum space to converse in - and everyone goes their separate ways.

Go figure.
MattC

Postby Graz on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:08 am

I still look in here but hang back posting as it often seems to squash debate!!! Not my aim...

Funny thing is actually seeing how much time has passed. In a couple of months I will have been doing this 19 years!!! I tend to stay off of all social media as what people say in online public forums rarely comes to pass.

I do remember the old forum days fondly, people and what was happening around that time was all excitement! In the background, new metal chassis speakers are being made, restorations are happening here and at the Installers. Should have some news to share before the end of the year :)

Take care - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:45 pm

I check in several times a week, but seldom see anyone posting. I know I haven't posted a lot of original things, but have responded to many. It is good for it to be here when I need some help though. I wouldn't have been able to upgrade my Diva crossovers without the help on this forum, or gotten my restoration without it.
Good listening,
Z
"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers..."
Zardoz

Postby Vansloneker on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:55 pm

It wouldn't get better if we start posting just to increase the post-count. Posts may be few, but what is posted usually is of good quality.
I am particular grateful to the forum and the members for all the help I received.

Reminiscing about the "good old times": you really don't want to get back to the excitement of the situation where Apogee went bust, and spares disappeared and it was a struggle for Apogee to survive.

I'd say, be proud and happy about what is achieved and enjoy the situation where there is no Apogee-crisis.

By the way Graz, how did you get involved, where you in any way in the audio business already?
poor guy
Vansloneker

Return to Apogee speaker chat