New = APOGEE ACOUSTICS DIVA ENCORE E9

Discuss anything about Apogees

Moderator: Graz

New = APOGEE ACOUSTICS DIVA ENCORE E9

Postby Graz on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:40 pm

New Apogee Acoustics speakers are a rare thing, today I would like to share about the new Apogee Acoustics Diva Encore E9. As with the Duetta Encore E7 and Duetta Advance A7 speakers the new Diva is based on a rigid solid metal chassis, and of course uses our highly accurate CNC machined ribbons. Being considerably heavier than the early Divas all aspects of the design needed to be raised in specification, the speakers literally share very few component or dimension specifications with the original Divas beyond the ribbon topology and MRTW framework format, though they are somewhat similar in overall dimensions, albeit a little larger. The stands, whilst actually having a smaller visual profile to the earlier Divas are are several 100% more rigid, lateral rigidity also several 100% more rigid, magnetic grid accuracy typically 750-900% more accurate in gauss and placement. Careful use of composites in the suspension and tuning components to good effect, specially designed panel damping improvements, case front vibration control construction and circuit design improvements have all contributed to lift the already renowned early Apogee Diva sound quality to levels never experienced in the past! As a prestige high quality product made from premium materials, the Apogee Acoustics Diva E9 speakers are designed to last!

Such speakers are not for everybody, and are only made NEW to order for discerning clients. More good news - original Divas can be factory restored and upgraded to almost 90% of the E9 specifications, final specification subject to individual pair assessment. For those curious, new or restoration/upgrade contact us via info@apogeeacoustics.com

(RIGHT CLICK - VIEW IMAGE TO SEE PROPERLY...)
Graz
Site Admin

Re: New = APOGEE ACOUSTICS DIVA ENCORE E9

Postby Vansloneker on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:44 pm

It's kind of Apogee-Magic that I just now checked the Apogee forum and find out about these wonderful new developments where the beauty is inside.
Congratulations and keep up the good work!
poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby christoph on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:28 am

Hi Graz

Very nice to see some life here.
Congrats on the new speakers 8-)

Three Questions are important for me:
- Impedance
- Sensitivity
- Price

Can you answer those questions briefly?

Cheers,
Christoph
christoph

Postby Graz on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 am

Hello Guys!

Rare to have activity these days, but more gentle than previous speaker releases! :mrgreen:
I tend to spend time in the workshops rather than in forumland!

The build here is basic,resistance is as per the later 1980's Divas, sensitivity about 89dB/w on the normal scale. They are on their way to the lucky new owner soon...

Cost for this build starts at $82K USD, plus crossover (several options). The Diva Encore main panel design is fixed (no options), but as the crossover is external the client can have input for any specific brand fetishes he/she has!

As with all Encore/E type new builds, clients can send their original classic planars down to us where suitability can be assessed, options given to use what makes the grade in an Encore level restoration. Very few parts can be used of the early speakers, but such a build is the ultimate in revival/restoration...

Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Postby christoph on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Thanks Graz

I wish you a lot of success!
Very nice looking Divas 8-)

Cheers,
Christoph
christoph

Postby EldRick on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Congrats! I hope you sell dozens.
My Graz'ed D-Sigs have improved greatly over time, what with last year's ribbon/xover upgrades by Rich, and as I continue to upgrade my source.
Graz/Rich'ed Duetta Sigs, Parasound JC-1s, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, trick wires and all that other stuff.
EldRick

Postby Kevin on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:13 am

Hi Graz,

Lookin' good! (The speakers that is!.... all bets are off for you!) ;-)
I bet they sound even better than they look!
I'll have to get around for a visit one day!

Take care,

Kevin A
Kevin

Postby JarreYuri on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Great work!!! :D
The one who succeeded was the one who did not know it was impossible!
JarreYuri

Postby Nautilus on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 am

Beautiful
Nautilus

Return to Apogee speaker chat