Duetta Signature Renovation

Discuss anything about Apogees

Moderator: Graz

Duetta Signature Renovation

Postby richmos on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:19 am

Where and who is closest to Massachusetts that I could bring my Duetta Sigs in for new ribbons and refurbishing? And approximately what would the cost be?

I purchased the Duettas new in 1991 and have not done any modifications at all. They are performing well, but I believe new ribbons would revitalize them.

I am not prepared or knowledgeable enough to take this task on myself.

Richard Moscatelli
richmos

Re: Duetta Signature Renovation

Postby Zardoz on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:39 pm

Bill Thalman in northern VA is your closest of the two US authorized dealers. Contact Graz about ribbons and have them shipped directly to Bill, then take your speakers to him for refurb.

Good listening,
Z
"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers..."
Zardoz

Postby Vansloneker on Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:26 am

poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby Graz on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 am

Hello Richard!

Long time no chat! I thought you had Divas way back? As others have mentioned correctly Bill would be your closest Installer to upgrade and refurbish the Duetta Signatures, a task he has done for many people over the last 15+ years he has worked with us! Contact Bill directly either via email or phone, and see when the next slot is available. From memory he has a couple of months or more work ahead, but it's good to get all of the arrangements in place and parts allocated to avoid delays on the resto, as some supplies are slower than usual...

I am actually restoring some Duetta Signatures here this week, the third of a kind that has used a new upgrade "EXO". Also completing a new Design of Diva hopefully. More on both of those later...

If you want to speak about this drop me a line on email, and we can arrange a call...

Curious - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Return to Apogee speaker chat