Diva surround system

Brag about your system here!

Moderator: Graz

Diva surround system

Postby GrizzledGeezer on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:37 pm

I've had surround sound since 1970 (starting with Dynaquad). All my systems have had identical electronics and speakers in the front and rear.

My current system has four biamped Divas, plus two single-amped Duetta Signatures to the sides. Power amps are Parasound Halo A21s. Program sources include SACD and Blu-ray Audio. Movies, too. (Need I tell you which monitor I'm fortunate enough to own?) A JVC XP-A1000BK synthesizes four channels of hall ambience mimicking major venues.

With first-rate surround program material (which is easy to find), it's You Are There. The Jacobs Mass in b is particularly realistic. I've always wanted absolute realism (or at least the illusion), and finally have the latter.
GrizzledGeezer

Re: Diva surround system

Postby Zardoz on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:19 pm

That must truly sound amazing, but your room must be HUGE :o . How big is your room and do you use any acoustic treatment?
Good listening,
Z
"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers..."
Zardoz

Re: Diva surround system

Postby GrizzledGeezer on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Actually, the room is only about 16' by 20' (with a 9' ceiling). However, the long end "blends into" my kitchen and entryway, which helps.

There is no particular treatment, other than wall-to-wall carpeting. There are no obvious room colorations, though, as with most systems, opening the windows improves the sound somewhat.
GrizzledGeezer

Return to User systems