Melvins LIVE

Found new (or old) music that you have to tell people about, do it here

Moderator: Graz

Melvins LIVE

Postby sea-speak on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 pm

While I'm at it -- I saw the Melvins and ISIS live @ Webster Hall a few weeks ago. I've gone on record to say that the Melvins are in decline, but I'll have to retract that opinion.

The boys have finally figured out what to do with two drummers! Both Dale and Coady were hitting the drums HARD, were totally tight, and had regained the groove that has been missing from Melvins sets for a few years. The two of them making that much noise gave the music a curious atavistic feel -- I felt like I could have been in an ice age cave wired for HiWatts, listening to back-to-the-future cavemen whacking drums with mammoth bones and inventing Heavy Music. Really really good.

ISIS went on afterwards for their farewell set (band is...disbanding) and they were very loud but IMO not as good or interesting as the Melvins were. The kids were into them though.

cheers,

Brandt
sea-speak

Re: Melvins LIVE

Postby centaurus3200 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:26 pm

have you seen mastadon NOT TRASHED? i saw them at the fox theater in oakland earlier this year. and my friend saw them twice before - both times, nearly all the members were bombed out of their minds and could barely play :-(

i really like baroness and pelican though ;-)

see ya,
Robby
centaurus3200

Postby sea-speak on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Haven't seen Mastodon at all. They're a band I keep hearing about from time to time that I haven't checked out for whatever reason.

is there an album or a youtube clip that you'd recommend?
sea-speak

Postby centaurus3200 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 am

actually - i don't have any mastodon albums - i've heard most of the stuff from friends - they are good, but i was more enchanted with Baroness and Priestess.

check out "the red album" by baroness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBoQHYckPA

as far as mastodon - leviathan is the one everyone super digs...

see ya,
Robby
centaurus3200

Return to Lovely captivating stunning music