Facebook "Apogee Speakers" 2021

Discuss anything about Apogees

Moderator: Graz

Facebook "Apogee Speakers" 2021

Postby Graz on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 pm

It would seem the inevitable has happened - one of the admins has wrongly accused a long term friend and client of racism on the "Apogee Speakers" group and stating that he was not a racist (because it's the truth!) was enough to get me ejected without discussion. The admin concerned has shown a propensity to push an company he has sympathies for making low quality knock-offs of our parts, and it is ultimately convenient to get rid of the ongoing source of Apogee Acoustics genuine product removed/memory holed. Off-topic efforts and goading were used by the admin concerned in attempts to expound the processes we use to make parts and give detailed comparisons that could be seen as a source of learning - and I wouldn't play. For the record - we have no ties and never have had any ties with their facebook page beyond it being a place satisfied clients of ours have gone to seek discussion. Apogee discussion is welcome here, adverts for fake parts not welcome for obvious reasons! The Apogee Acoustics forum is still located at www.apogeeacoustics.com/forum where there are many answers to questions available in the active pages, and the early Apogee Users Group forum archive is also included. This forum can be easily searched, and many consider it has a more logical search function to avoid the circular discussion and groundhog-day repetition facebbok format is famous for!

As most will know I tend not to post there too often, as new speaker releases and generally saying anything tends to the get the usual handful of long-term detractors kicking off an ad hominem attacks, and I have better things to do like making and fixing Apogee speakers properly! What can I say...
Graz
Site Admin

Re: Facebook "Apogee Speakers" 2021

Postby Vansloneker on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:58 pm

Who needs facebook anyway, not me.
If I understand correctly, the official Apogee entry on facebook has been blocked because of a ridiculous and probably automated interpretation of something? Like the chess channel on youtube got blocked for excessive use of the terms black and white?
I still feel sorry for you Graz, a Dutch way of saying is, and don't know if this translates correctly, nothing is spared to you.
poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby MattC on Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:24 pm

I wasn't even aware that a Facebook page existed.

It's too bad that we don't get the traffic here that we used to get at the old site. I can't fathom why - but I also don't lose sleep over it.

Matt
MattC

Postby Vansloneker on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Matt, to put it in one word, I think it's fashion. Forums are out of fashion. Facebook is the place to be. It has nothing to do with the quality of the forum, people just are hooked to facebook. Facebook is their universe where they connect to family and friends, read news, buy things, etc. You name it, it's on facebook. If it's on facebook it's true and it exists, if it's not on facebook it is not for real. Even customer care often points to facebook. They do not accept emails any more!

Modern life is instant. People want instant replies to messages. If something happens they wanna know right now, not tomorrow. Yesterday is history. Patience is a thing from the past, when there was no internet, no facebook, no google.
poor guy
Vansloneker

Postby DarthDiva on Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Well Matt, I had no idea there was a Fakebook Apogee Speakers Group either. I was interested to see how the new cancel culture caused Graz to be ejected from the group. I also was interested to read what people were saying there, because as you said, there is very little activity here and on the other audio forums related to Apogee. So I signed up for facebook about 45 minutes ago. Then I applied for membership to the Apogee Group. I answered their group policy question and got a response that my membership was being considered. In the meantime, I surfed around on Graz's site, the other forums and the web because I'm trying to decide whether to revive my beloved Divas. And, to my surprise , lol, I received a message from Fakebook that my account was suspended due to violation of community policies. Hilarious. I did nothing . I could appeal the decision, but they needed my cell number for that. Well, no thank you. Though I'd share this strange event with the three people in this message chain. :) Have a wonderful week end guys.
DarthDiva

Postby Graz on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:21 am

As always the quality of replies in here is testament to the iq of Apogee owners that are NOT under fb's spell! Refreshing, I miss the old forum(s). I have always avoided fb until the last two years personally when I have been in there talking about the greater "game" in play. I looked in on the users group from time to time but often copped abuse from the usual crowd. New speaker releases from us were posted across by others, with little interest, and several of the usual games, not quite up to the earlier standards of heckling really!

Their group seems to be obsessed with other brands of speakers, and a pre-planned release of Vietnam made knock-offs was about to happen so I was ejected. No surprises really. Several have said I should have run a manufacturers group on fb but the culture of availability mentioned has kept me away from it.

I am still considering a mfr page on there at present, suggestions and opinions welcome...

Take care - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:30 pm

I don't do FB, and this is one of the reasons why. There is so much given away by people on FB, and most don't even realize it. Plus there is so much misinformation on FB, that it really is disheartening. Too many people now days believe anything they see, without ever thinking if it sounds reasonable or not, or investigating other sources to get an opposing view. Who needs it?
"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers..."
Zardoz

Postby Graz on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:46 pm

Facebook always was a world government feedback tool, I have always been amazed how many have taken it on professionally and privately, willing to bare their souls for daily ridicule! Certainly a tool of the devil. I used it to watch discussion of Apogee's and view others opinions on world events for a long while silently, but have contributed to conversations (personally) over the last two years. On reflection, I believe that was less than wise. As for professionally - it has been a "place" where others have pumped for manufacturing information, attacked me for decisions long borne out as well considered, and where I have seen people tell many lies for commercial or personal perceived gain (absolutely confirmed) to child-like believing audiences! As far from the truth as discussion can get, a place where people behave at their worst, and at odds with anything they would do in real life in most cases...

Sincerely - Graz
Graz
Site Admin

Return to Apogee speaker chat